Monday, January 12, 2015

Apple iWatch, useful or simply a fad?



At first when the idea of the iWatch came out, I wasn't on the bandwagon. I didn't see the usefulness in a watch you can use as your phone. Our smartphones already do the same functions and have screens that are only increasing in size, so why make a touch screen even smaller and more difficult to use?

I thought they were simply the "next cool thing" to have, not a tool that would further increase our use of technology than the smartphone already has done for us. We have so many gadgets and tools in our world today that this seemed to be just another one to add with no true purpose besides being "cool".


I will admit, the phone/watch combo is indeed intriguing, as shown in all secret agent movies. I think it is a cool idea, but I don't ever seeing myself owning one.

As more and more news has come out about these iWatches, I've grown more attracted to them. For one, the amount of different styles is impressive. I never imagined the variety from sport to luxury, and from what the website shows, these watches look up to par with any other luxury brand out there.

To add on, the new fitness apps are changing the game. More and more people are wearing Nike fuel bands and other similar products that track mileage, heart rate, etc. These iWatches in fact have similar technology in them which would knock all similar products significantly down once it's released. The entire combo of smartphone, luxury/sport watch, fitness band and even more technological advances makes this product a high demand for society.

My curiosity in these iWatches has definitely heightened with more and more information that has been let out, so I think that eventually I'll fully come around and, just maybe, wear one for myself.


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed your blog. I like the way you explained how you were first hesitant about the iwatch, but with the new advancement you might reconsider. Your views were well balanced. Also, your writing was very clear and engaging and your personal opinion also improved your argument. However, the only criticism I would give you would incorporate images and proofread a little.

    ReplyDelete